Dec 09, 2018
01.00 PM - 05.00 PM
Kommuneity, we’ve had workshops as well as story slams. Our workshops have you walking in with words and walking out with stories – stories you never knew existed, stories you never thought were worth sharing.
Our story slams are what unique Sundays are made of, complete with tellers breaking down their walls and finding support in strangers who look a lot less strange by the end of the evening. Both events however, define the Kommuneity. So we’ve decided to combine the two to give you a day filled with all things Kommune, a day you’ll want to repeat again and again. Welcome to our first ever events in Ahmedabad, and the eighth edition of the newly launched Kommuneity Weekend, where we marry the beauty of learning with the promise of growing.
So Ahmedabad, we come to you with an afternoon of learning and an evening of performing. The theme for this story slam is ‘Strangers.’ Often, some of your best memories are made with strangers. Maybe it’s the person you made eye contact with in the train, maybe it’s a stranger you judged, only to become best friends with. So tell us of the strangers in your life. Of those who are a big part of your story and those who aren’t.
Participants will receive complimentary writing material. After all, what’s a writer without a book? So join us as we create, captivate, and collaborate at this Kommuneity weekend!
Why should you attend the workshop?
– Learn how to turn every experience into a brilliant 5 minute story, a skill that is often used in interviews and presentations. A skill that is left out of the school syllabus.
– Learn how to string the beginning, the middle and the end together to make a kickass story.
– Skip the submission and feedback process and learn directly from some of the most loved storytellers and creators.
– Have an intimate session of learning, sharing, and creating.
– Walk in prepared for story slams, where they often find amazing performers, stories, and storytellers.
– Begin the journey of self-editing and curating – become your own most reliable critic.
Why should you attend the Story Slam?
– Kommune Story Slams are intimate evenings where storytellers get a chance to tell their stories, with or without curation.
– More importantly however, it’s a chance to become a better storyteller, perform in front of a supportive crowd and take part in a completely democratic competition (the audience votes to pick the winner).
– Some of the best poets and storytellers have been slam winners – this includes names like Mohammed Sadriwala and Gaurav Tripathi.
To participate, please read the rules carefully
– The theme for this session is ‘Strangers.’ All stories must reflect the theme.
– Only original and personal stories (from your own life) are allowed. Fictional stories and poetry are not allowed for the Story Slam. Kommune does not encourage reading out your story/using books/paper/phones for reference.
– The time limit is 5 minutes per story.
– To send submissions, attach a screenshot of your Insider ticket along with a brief description of your story to email@example.com with the subject line “Kommuneity Weekend (Ahmedabad): Strangers”
– Submitted stories will make it to the Kommune Slam Jar and by random selection, tellers will be picked to perform. Best stories of the day get a lot of love and amazing prizes!
Source : Facebook.
Dec 12, 2018
Ceramic cone painting is being popular nowadays. It can be done on pots, canvas, MDF and many things. Workshop Details : In this workshop, cone art will be done on black pot. Workshop includes cone making process, handling of it and how to make painting on pot. Participants can take their masterpiece. PRIOR REGISTRATION MANDATORY. Source: Facebook
Dec 16-26, 2018
Aarambh Arts Academy proudly presents a 10 days long intensive ‘Advanced acting techniques Workshop’. Every aspect and activity of this workshop is curated and designed for individuals who stand at the threshold of challenging and rigorous entertainment environments. We open our doorway to all the actors and performing artists who wish to develop their sharpen their acting talent, develop better performance skills and achieve excellence. We do understand the importance of intuition and instinct when you wish to develop your character naturally, however, we educate you about the various on-stage ques and elements that you can depend on for a great performance. A very rational and meticulous approach is given to every exercise and activity that will be conducted at the Actor’s lab. A profound understanding of vocal techniques, strategic comprehension of emotions and expressions, cognitive awareness of body language and the development of sharp rhythmic sense would be rendered as an intensive training programme. This will help every participant ace at their auditions and deliver brilliant screen work across various forms of performances such as Monologues or one-act plays. The workshop will be conducted by the industry expert Abhinay Banker who is a well-known actor, director and screenwriter in the film and theatre fraternity. HOW TO APPLY? E-mail us your work profile and your prior acting experiences in theatre/ film/ television/ web series or any other medium. If you have attended any basic acting workshop in the past, then please send in the certificates of the same. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Source: Facebook
Dec 16, 2018
Learn to Draw vector graphics, logos, business cards and professional banners using Corel Draw. The CorelDraw software is designed for graphic designers, fashion designers, textiles designers, print professionals, packaging firms, and aspiring designers. Join a one-day introductory workshop, exploring these mind-blowing tools. Workshop Details : Workspace Overview – Moving spacing and aligning objects, – Exploring tools such as: Pick Shape Crop Freehand Tool Artistic Media Tool Smart Fill Rectangle Text tool Drop Shadow tool Transparency tool Perspective Use Grouping, ungrouping Duplicating Order Powerclip Color Palette tool Duration: Six-hour theory and hands-on sessions. What will be the end product that participants can take home? – Create a simple and easy logo. – Design Business Card. Who can Join this Course? It is a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Anyone interested can join these workshop. Requirement: Laptop and mouse. Refreshment will be provided. Source : Facebook.
Dec 25, 2018
Join us for a super-fun art holiday away from hustle and bustle of the city to a farm and a horse riding club. Collaboration of arts,crafts and Horses. Sounds thrilling and never heard before right and here we are to bring you this exact experience. Amidst open endless nature,horses and beautiful weather. Details : – Learn charcoal drawing in a very innovative way, sitting comfortably , enjoying , getting inspired by nature’s gifts at the saddle and stable club. – This one-day art retreat will include demonstrations of elements of charcoal work (as a drawing and painting medium) with lots of personal instruction. Develop your ability to look at the scene in front of you, and focus your vision to compose an artwork that speaks of the essence of the scene. – The workshop will be conducted in a friendly, inspirational and positive environment. And all the art materials will be provided at the venue. – Suitable for Absolute beginners and amateur artists and art students. – The learning would be accompanied with good food (meal & high tea), horse riding and many other interesting stuff. – This expedition gives you chance to spend some great time learning,riding,eating at one spot ! – Transportation would be taken care of. What you need to bring – Bring a exam board or hard board. PRIOR REGISTRATION MANDATORY. Event Venue: Saddle a d stable club Barot farm Ahead of red brick school Rancharda – Kalol Road, Nasmed Patiya, Thaltej, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382721 Source : Facebook
Oct 1, 2016
Banksy Banksyis a revolution or should we call him a phenomenon? One of the leading front men of his generation, he has transformed what it means to work in the Public domain.Banksy’sartistic practice is characterized by the perceptive use of…
Jun 18, 2016
An educational institution that rises above schooling(as we know it today), competition and degrees, Gurukulam follows the ancient Jaina education system of India where knowledge, understanding habits, sensitivity and logic is still considered superior. The Gurukulas are Indian schools that still…
Jun 3, 2016
“Hurrian Hymn No.6” is the oldest known written music piece, discovered so far. This origin of this piece dates back to 3400 years back in Bronze Age. It was engraved by Syrians on a clay slab. Even the origins of…