Dec 09, 2018
01.00 PM - 05.00 PM
Kommuneity, we’ve had workshops as well as story slams. Our workshops have you walking in with words and walking out with stories – stories you never knew existed, stories you never thought were worth sharing.
Our story slams are what unique Sundays are made of, complete with tellers breaking down their walls and finding support in strangers who look a lot less strange by the end of the evening. Both events however, define the Kommuneity. So we’ve decided to combine the two to give you a day filled with all things Kommune, a day you’ll want to repeat again and again. Welcome to our first ever events in Ahmedabad, and the eighth edition of the newly launched Kommuneity Weekend, where we marry the beauty of learning with the promise of growing.
So Ahmedabad, we come to you with an afternoon of learning and an evening of performing. The theme for this story slam is ‘Strangers.’ Often, some of your best memories are made with strangers. Maybe it’s the person you made eye contact with in the train, maybe it’s a stranger you judged, only to become best friends with. So tell us of the strangers in your life. Of those who are a big part of your story and those who aren’t.
Participants will receive complimentary writing material. After all, what’s a writer without a book? So join us as we create, captivate, and collaborate at this Kommuneity weekend!
Why should you attend the workshop?
– Learn how to turn every experience into a brilliant 5 minute story, a skill that is often used in interviews and presentations. A skill that is left out of the school syllabus.
– Learn how to string the beginning, the middle and the end together to make a kickass story.
– Skip the submission and feedback process and learn directly from some of the most loved storytellers and creators.
– Have an intimate session of learning, sharing, and creating.
– Walk in prepared for story slams, where they often find amazing performers, stories, and storytellers.
– Begin the journey of self-editing and curating – become your own most reliable critic.
Why should you attend the Story Slam?
– Kommune Story Slams are intimate evenings where storytellers get a chance to tell their stories, with or without curation.
– More importantly however, it’s a chance to become a better storyteller, perform in front of a supportive crowd and take part in a completely democratic competition (the audience votes to pick the winner).
– Some of the best poets and storytellers have been slam winners – this includes names like Mohammed Sadriwala and Gaurav Tripathi.
To participate, please read the rules carefully
– The theme for this session is ‘Strangers.’ All stories must reflect the theme.
– Only original and personal stories (from your own life) are allowed. Fictional stories and poetry are not allowed for the Story Slam. Kommune does not encourage reading out your story/using books/paper/phones for reference.
– The time limit is 5 minutes per story.
– To send submissions, attach a screenshot of your Insider ticket along with a brief description of your story to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Kommuneity Weekend (Ahmedabad): Strangers”
– Submitted stories will make it to the Kommune Slam Jar and by random selection, tellers will be picked to perform. Best stories of the day get a lot of love and amazing prizes!
Source : Facebook.
Feb 20-24, 2019
Learn about the subtle art of Dramatic reading from expert Naishadh Purani! વાચિકમ્ performance require diction, voice modulation, emotional dynamics and an understanding of pauses. Join us at Theatre Media Centre for a 4 day intensive workshop followed by a graduation performance. Source : Facebook.
Feb 24, 2019
Through this one day experiment with charcoal and soft pastels we will explore the versatility of charcoal and the brilliance & vibrancy of soft pastels. Combination of these mediums creates a magic on the surface they are applied. Please carry a few rags if possible along with a curious and creative bent of mind. For booking, Call us on +91 8306363530 / 9428110033 Source : Facebook.
Feb 25, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
A 7-day Theatre Workshop to be conducted by Saumya Joshi at Ouroboros Art Hub. SAUMYA JOSHI He is a poet, writer, playwright, director and actor from Gujarat, India. He is known in Gujarati theatre for his plays like Aaj Jaane ki Zid na Karo, Welcome Zindagi, 102 Not Out and many more stretching out to a rich experience of Art and Craft. 102 Not Out also later got made into a film, starring Amitabh Bachhan. Greenroom ma Andharu (2008; Darkness in the Greenroom) is a collection of his poems. He has been awarded by Chandravadan Chimanlal Mehta Award for his contribution to Gujarati theatre in 2013. He is also recipients of the Yuva Gaurav Puraskar (2007) and Takhtasinh Parmar Prize (2008-09). Source : Facebook.
Feb 27-28, 2019
Impasto is a technique used in painting, where paint is laid on an area of the surface in very thick layers, usually thick enough that the brush or painting-knife strokes are visible. Paint can also be mixed right on the canvas. This workshop is organized by pH Designs in collaboration with Versatile Maniacs. Workshop Details : – Introduction to different palette knifes. Introduction to concept of light and shadow. – Stroke techniques. – Color mixing and merging with knifes. – Application with knife. – Basic painting with brush. – Sealing the artwork. – Students will be provided practice sheets of basic shapes to practice the strokes, develop the technique and get the grip of knife before they finally do it on canvas. – After practice on day 1 students get the digital image of artwork which they have to get color printed for the next day and do the final artwork of floral impasto knife painting on canvass size of 12*16. – What students need to bring: A carbon paper, basic stationery, newspapers and apron. Source: Facebook
Jan 4, 2017
My experience at GLF was a marvelous one. The very fact that such a well-organized event, at such a large scale, was being held at one of my favourite places in my hometown – the sophisticated yet welcoming Kanoria Arts…
Oct 1, 2016
Banksy Banksyis a revolution or should we call him a phenomenon? One of the leading front men of his generation, he has transformed what it means to work in the Public domain.Banksy’sartistic practice is characterized by the perceptive use of…
Mar 7, 2018
13 architects from around India raise their voices in critique, mourn the dying city and reminisce about forgotten beauty in this first-of-its-kind exhibition. When I heard that an exhibition called the ‘Death of Architecture’ was coming to Mumbai, I…
Jun 3, 2016
“Hurrian Hymn No.6” is the oldest known written music piece, discovered so far. This origin of this piece dates back to 3400 years back in Bronze Age. It was engraved by Syrians on a clay slab. Even the origins of…