Dec 09, 2018
01.00 PM - 05.00 PM
Kommuneity, we’ve had workshops as well as story slams. Our workshops have you walking in with words and walking out with stories – stories you never knew existed, stories you never thought were worth sharing.
Our story slams are what unique Sundays are made of, complete with tellers breaking down their walls and finding support in strangers who look a lot less strange by the end of the evening. Both events however, define the Kommuneity. So we’ve decided to combine the two to give you a day filled with all things Kommune, a day you’ll want to repeat again and again. Welcome to our first ever events in Ahmedabad, and the eighth edition of the newly launched Kommuneity Weekend, where we marry the beauty of learning with the promise of growing.
So Ahmedabad, we come to you with an afternoon of learning and an evening of performing. The theme for this story slam is ‘Strangers.’ Often, some of your best memories are made with strangers. Maybe it’s the person you made eye contact with in the train, maybe it’s a stranger you judged, only to become best friends with. So tell us of the strangers in your life. Of those who are a big part of your story and those who aren’t.
Participants will receive complimentary writing material. After all, what’s a writer without a book? So join us as we create, captivate, and collaborate at this Kommuneity weekend!
Why should you attend the workshop?
– Learn how to turn every experience into a brilliant 5 minute story, a skill that is often used in interviews and presentations. A skill that is left out of the school syllabus.
– Learn how to string the beginning, the middle and the end together to make a kickass story.
– Skip the submission and feedback process and learn directly from some of the most loved storytellers and creators.
– Have an intimate session of learning, sharing, and creating.
– Walk in prepared for story slams, where they often find amazing performers, stories, and storytellers.
– Begin the journey of self-editing and curating – become your own most reliable critic.
Why should you attend the Story Slam?
– Kommune Story Slams are intimate evenings where storytellers get a chance to tell their stories, with or without curation.
– More importantly however, it’s a chance to become a better storyteller, perform in front of a supportive crowd and take part in a completely democratic competition (the audience votes to pick the winner).
– Some of the best poets and storytellers have been slam winners – this includes names like Mohammed Sadriwala and Gaurav Tripathi.
To participate, please read the rules carefully
– The theme for this session is ‘Strangers.’ All stories must reflect the theme.
– Only original and personal stories (from your own life) are allowed. Fictional stories and poetry are not allowed for the Story Slam. Kommune does not encourage reading out your story/using books/paper/phones for reference.
– The time limit is 5 minutes per story.
– To send submissions, attach a screenshot of your Insider ticket along with a brief description of your story to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Kommuneity Weekend (Ahmedabad): Strangers”
– Submitted stories will make it to the Kommune Slam Jar and by random selection, tellers will be picked to perform. Best stories of the day get a lot of love and amazing prizes!
Source : Facebook.
Apr 22-30, 2019
Summer Coding Program Let’s Code to Express and Problem Solve An engaging way to introduce kids to computational concepts and inspire them to learn computer science. • Coding on Scratch, coding language by MIT Media Labs • Create animations, games and interactive applications • Builds critical thinking, creativity and perseverance which are relevant 21st century skills At Continental Leap it is our constant endeavor to give exposure of various fields of study and eventually careers to kids. As a part of this, we are organizing a workshop for kids to learn CODING. In summer coding program, we will focus on learning computational concepts in a fun way. This we believe will give kids introduction to computing which serves as a foundation for app development, game development, programming, robotics and many other areas of computer science and engineering Bring along laptop and headphones. Culmination will happen with kids presenting their project to family and friends.
Apr 22, 2019
In Indian philosophy and Hindu mythology, Bindu (a point or dot) is the source of energy and life, it’s where the creation is born. Bindu is, “shunya”- the abstract of nothingness and yet that which has the ability to add value to whatever it is affixed to. Come and learn the art of acrylic painting inspired from the series of, “Bindu” by India’s famous contemporary abstract artist – “S.H.Raza” in this workshop. Acrylic painting is a type of painting where you apply with the paint brush single or multiple layers of acrylic paint which is water soluble and dries fast. Acrylic painting can be done with either finesse or smoothly or with the brush strokes seen or impasto way. This workshop is organized by pH Designs in collaboration with Versatile Maniacs. Workshop details : – Introduction to Round, Flat and Filbert brushes. – Techniques of painting. – Color mixing and merging on pallet and canvass. – Practice sheets to practice the techniques of painting with acrylic color. – Doing final artwork on canvass (take away) – Canvass Size : 10*12 inches Source : Facebook.
Apr 22-29, 2019
7 days Calligraphy daily Workshop from 22nd to 29th April, (for Children & Adults) Brush Calligraphy or lettering is a fun way to express your personality and add beauty to your day-to-day life. it is popular because of it’s fun. With practice, you’ll train your brain and muscles to effortlessly make fluid letters. Don’t worry about perfection. The best part of Brush Calligraphy is that it’s not perfect. Unlike formulaic type-fonts, brush calligraphy can be as original, whimsical, and creative as you are. Before you know it, you’ll be delighting people with one-of-kind invitations, cards and decor. Source : Facebook.
Apr 22-24, 2019
Hello peeps! N edu presents Rubik Cube (3×3) workshop in association with Skryf. Learn how to solve the cube with the method of remembering. It’s a 3 days workshop! Date – 22, 23 and 24 April Time – 11 am to 12:30 pm Age group – 8+ Source : Facebook.
Jan 4, 2017
My experience at GLF was a marvelous one. The very fact that such a well-organized event, at such a large scale, was being held at one of my favourite places in my hometown – the sophisticated yet welcoming Kanoria Arts…
Oct 1, 2016
Banksy Banksyis a revolution or should we call him a phenomenon? One of the leading front men of his generation, he has transformed what it means to work in the Public domain.Banksy’sartistic practice is characterized by the perceptive use of…
Mar 7, 2018
13 architects from around India raise their voices in critique, mourn the dying city and reminisce about forgotten beauty in this first-of-its-kind exhibition. When I heard that an exhibition called the ‘Death of Architecture’ was coming to Mumbai, I…
Jun 3, 2016
“Hurrian Hymn No.6” is the oldest known written music piece, discovered so far. This origin of this piece dates back to 3400 years back in Bronze Age. It was engraved by Syrians on a clay slab. Even the origins of…