Dec 09, 2018
01.00 PM - 05.00 PM
Kommuneity, we’ve had workshops as well as story slams. Our workshops have you walking in with words and walking out with stories – stories you never knew existed, stories you never thought were worth sharing.
Our story slams are what unique Sundays are made of, complete with tellers breaking down their walls and finding support in strangers who look a lot less strange by the end of the evening. Both events however, define the Kommuneity. So we’ve decided to combine the two to give you a day filled with all things Kommune, a day you’ll want to repeat again and again. Welcome to our first ever events in Ahmedabad, and the eighth edition of the newly launched Kommuneity Weekend, where we marry the beauty of learning with the promise of growing.
So Ahmedabad, we come to you with an afternoon of learning and an evening of performing. The theme for this story slam is ‘Strangers.’ Often, some of your best memories are made with strangers. Maybe it’s the person you made eye contact with in the train, maybe it’s a stranger you judged, only to become best friends with. So tell us of the strangers in your life. Of those who are a big part of your story and those who aren’t.
Participants will receive complimentary writing material. After all, what’s a writer without a book? So join us as we create, captivate, and collaborate at this Kommuneity weekend!
Why should you attend the workshop?
– Learn how to turn every experience into a brilliant 5 minute story, a skill that is often used in interviews and presentations. A skill that is left out of the school syllabus.
– Learn how to string the beginning, the middle and the end together to make a kickass story.
– Skip the submission and feedback process and learn directly from some of the most loved storytellers and creators.
– Have an intimate session of learning, sharing, and creating.
– Walk in prepared for story slams, where they often find amazing performers, stories, and storytellers.
– Begin the journey of self-editing and curating – become your own most reliable critic.
Why should you attend the Story Slam?
– Kommune Story Slams are intimate evenings where storytellers get a chance to tell their stories, with or without curation.
– More importantly however, it’s a chance to become a better storyteller, perform in front of a supportive crowd and take part in a completely democratic competition (the audience votes to pick the winner).
– Some of the best poets and storytellers have been slam winners – this includes names like Mohammed Sadriwala and Gaurav Tripathi.
To participate, please read the rules carefully
– The theme for this session is ‘Strangers.’ All stories must reflect the theme.
– Only original and personal stories (from your own life) are allowed. Fictional stories and poetry are not allowed for the Story Slam. Kommune does not encourage reading out your story/using books/paper/phones for reference.
– The time limit is 5 minutes per story.
– To send submissions, attach a screenshot of your Insider ticket along with a brief description of your story to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Kommuneity Weekend (Ahmedabad): Strangers”
– Submitted stories will make it to the Kommune Slam Jar and by random selection, tellers will be picked to perform. Best stories of the day get a lot of love and amazing prizes!
Source : Facebook.
Jun 21, 2019
A mosaic is a piece of art or image made from the assemblage of small pieces of colored glass, stone, or other materials. It is often used in decorative art or as interior decoration. Most mosaics are made of small, flat, roughly square, pieces of stone or glass of different colors, known as tesserae. Workshop Details : – This 3 hour mosaic workshop will enable the participants to acquire a basic knowledge of mosaic making. – Participant will learn, Basic techniques, tools and materials involved in creating mosaic art + Cutting tile + adhesive to use + grouting. – Final product is ceramic tile mosaic tray (10.5″ x 8″ x 2″) – All required materials will be provided. What to bring : Old news paper, rough cloth Source : Facebook.
Jun 22, 2019
Creativity is a skill anyone can acquire. Come explore the creative soul hidden inside you at these workshops happening this month at 079 Stories. Blackout Poetry workshop by Vidhi Pandit Kotak Blackout Poetry is the art of creating poems from already written words. It’s like chiseling out a sculpture from a huge rock. These poems can later be framed and used as literary decor or presented to someone as thoughtful gifts. These poem become exquisite art pieces and fill your hearts not only with meaningful words but also captivating colours. The kids will learn – How to create a poem of your own from already existing words on a page. – Using soft pastels as a medium of art. – Doodling – Vocabulary
Jun 24-30, 2019
The Workshop is for : Adults 18+ – Professional Storytellers, Actors, Theatre Professionals, Performance Artists, Educators, Teachers, Public Speakers, Social Workers, Parents, Wants to explore a new art form, Change Makers, Spoken Word enthusiasts, Corporate etc. Anyone who loves to share a story to an audience of children or adults in a performative way. The shortest distance between 2 people is a simple story. From great Philosophers to Speakers to Influencers, people have used Stories and Storytelling from centuries in this wonderful country. The workshop will deep dive into this wonderful art form and over the 6 days will explore : – Whats makes Oral storytelling different to other mediums of arts – Differentiate Personal and Classical tales : Explore stories from our own life – Explore Myths , Folktales, History as various forms of Classical Tales – Making a story relevant for a audience – Usage of Voice and Modulation to bring out the emotion effectively – Understanding our Body to express a story effectively : From eyes to hands The workshop will be based on theatre games, voice exercises, textual explorations, movement meditation based on the 15+ years of Vikram Sridhar in Theatre and Performance Storytelling. Source: Facebook.
Jan 4, 2017
My experience at GLF was a marvelous one. The very fact that such a well-organized event, at such a large scale, was being held at one of my favourite places in my hometown – the sophisticated yet welcoming Kanoria Arts…
Oct 1, 2016
Banksy Banksyis a revolution or should we call him a phenomenon? One of the leading front men of his generation, he has transformed what it means to work in the Public domain.Banksy’sartistic practice is characterized by the perceptive use of…
Mar 7, 2018
13 architects from around India raise their voices in critique, mourn the dying city and reminisce about forgotten beauty in this first-of-its-kind exhibition. When I heard that an exhibition called the ‘Death of Architecture’ was coming to Mumbai, I…
Jun 3, 2016
“Hurrian Hymn No.6” is the oldest known written music piece, discovered so far. This origin of this piece dates back to 3400 years back in Bronze Age. It was engraved by Syrians on a clay slab. Even the origins of…